Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Moose Hunt 1

It's not even winter yet and I feel like cabin fever is hitting me already. So when D asked if I wanted to tag along on his moose hunt this past weekend, I jumped at the chance! We had a nice dinner out at Club Paris (arguably the best steaks in town) on Friday night to celebrate our summer birthdays, and then got up at 4 a.m. (!!!) on Saturday to start the 3 hour drive north. 

We came to this area last year to hunt for bull moose. It's so beautiful in the fall and we got lucky again with the clear, crisp weather.


D decided to launch the boat from another area on the lake - it was a little deeper than the State Park launch we used last September and much better for our v-bottom boat. Most people out here had river boats (flat bottoms with a jet motor). 


Ready to go! That is D's canoe - we pulled it behind the boat.


Our first stop was a beach near the shallow lake channel.

  
Lots of yummy blueberries out here! At one point D and I were literally sitting on our butts, cramming blueberries into our mouths by the handfuls. They were huge and delicious.

All the red leaves were hiding blueberries underneath.

Nice sandy beach.


The weather was so great. During our drive I slept for a bit and D says it was 35 degrees out, even with the sunrise. It warmed up a little to the low 60's by midday.

No comments: