I've been making this "Big Game Chili" recipe for at least a year now, maybe two. It came from the backside of a can of Bush's Chili Beans. After making a big pot the other day I came to the realization that "Big Game" does not in fact refer to bear, moose or caribou like I thought, but game as in football or basketball. Shows you where my frame of reference is! Depending on what we have in the freezer, I have used either caribou or bear - last week's pot included bear and it was delicious.
(I made a couple tweaks...)
-
Prep:
10 Minutes
-
Cook:
25 Minutes
-
Total:
35 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or any big game meat, haha!)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® Chili Beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beer or more, to taste
- Garnish:
- Chopped green onion
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
-
In
large pan, cook beef, onion, and green pepper until meat is browned.
Drain excess grease. Stir in remaining ingredients, except green onion
and sour cream. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20
minutes. Garnish with green onion, shredded cheese and dollop of sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment