Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hold on tight

First BIG BOY ride in a shopping cart!

I couldn't believe how well he did. Usually we take the whole infant car seat and pop it into a stroller frame - it's convenient and the frame is fairly lightweight compared to a big stroller. The downside to this setup is that Boyd is stuck in his hot car seat at an incline for the duration of our shopping trip. And you can only fit so many items into the little basket underneath his seat. Grocery shopping can get difficult if the list is more than a few items long. As an alternative I would put the whole car seat in the main part of the shopping cart, especially at Costco, but then my space for groceries was limited. If we have another kid, I'll just wear the little one in an Ergo carrier and sit Boyd in the cart. 

Lately Boyd has really been struggling to sit up in the car seat, so I didn't even bring the stroller frame on this shopping trip with my mom. We popped him in the cart on top of a blanket and he was good to go! We were in Fred Meyer to purchase 4 bar stools for my mom's breakfast nook (you can see the boxes in our carts below). Her house is slowly coming together and looking great.

Little bit of an Elvis sneer here, I think.

Holding on for safety!



No comments: