- OMG baby molars are the worst! The teething seemed to stretch on and on and on.... Boyd wasn't able to settle at night because of the pain and discomfort. I'd give him Hyland's teething tablets and then Tylenol if the tablets didn't work. I was resorting to holding him before bed because otherwise he wouldn't sleep. There was one day when he had at least 8 poopy diapers in a 24-hour period. That's crazy, right? And every time I tried to put him down to sleep he'd just cry. Culprit: dirty diaper. And then when I turned off his lamp at night, Boyd would freak out.
- Naps have been challenging lately as well. I'm pretty sure the disruption was due to teething, but that doesn't make it any easier. I just repeat to myself - "it won't last forever!"
- We may be over teething (for now) but Boyd just picked up a cold from somewhere. I'm thinking it is a consequence of our music class.
- When we say "kisses," Boyd will be still and let the person kiss him on the lips. No participation, but at least he's cooperating.
- D taught him to bite down on foods and get chunks with his teeth.We're still practicing.
- This is probably a coincidence but after our first music class a couple weeks ago, Boyd seemed to be more into his toys and interact with me more during our nighttime reading session.
- When we encourage him to hug something, we'll say "I love you [dog, cat, toy, etc]" and Boyd will lay his head down on whatever it is.
- He's continuing to help us "clean up" by putting things back into bins and drawers when we're done playing.
- Other milestones: sorting toys, handing us items out of a drawer.
- I think the most steps he has taken unassisted is 6. Many times he'll walk and then stop, keep his balance, and then take a couple more steps before falling down.
- Most of the sounds coming out of his mouth are just babbling with a few "mamas" and lots of "dadas." It's pretty adorable to see him flipping through a magazine/book or intently playing with toys while quietly talking to himself.
- Boyd's new favorite activity is to have us place his lamb blanket over his eyes and afterwards he'll stumble around giggling and falling on the ground. Such a goof.
![]() |
| Boyd did this all by himself! I noticed it after I put him to bed last week - he had placed an item in each empty box. |








No comments:
Post a Comment