Friday, March 15, 2013

Iditarod 2013

Although we are in Boyd's 2nd year, I feel like he is really getting to experience things this time around. A couple weekends ago, D and I bundled Boyd up to watch the Iditarod teams run through town. Our house is very close to the Campbell Creek Science Center, which serves as the end point for the ceremonial start of the Iditarod.

It's a little over a mile to the CCSC and we started out late because of a wonky nap schedule. It was a lovely day though - blue skies and sunshine. We arrived and took a spot next to the trail to watch the teams breeze through. Those dogs live to run - don't let anyone tell you otherwise - and love pulling sleds. We managed to see 3 teams before a man on a very old snowmachine rode down the trail with a flag saying, "Race is Over." LOL - we arrived at the very end!

It was still fun - I've seen the official start downtown a couple times and there is an amazing energy in the air. I'd like to take Boyd down there next year.




No comments: