Contrary to the title of this post, the ice has already cometh and caused numerous accidents around town, shutting down portions of major roadways. This is the true freezing rain - wet as it comes down from the sky and turning almost instantly into ice. My car was covered in frozen raindrops when we arrived at my mom's house.
What a day it has been already. D and I woke at 3:30 a.m. to hear Boyd fussing in his room. At this point we can usually tell if he'll fall back asleep. When the baby monitor shows him standing up and yelling "BUH" ("up" in Boyd-speak) then it's bye-bye sleepy time for the adults. I sat with him for a bit and then we tried laying down in our master bed while D got up for the day. I was SO CLOSE to getting Boyd asleep but he resisted. So after trying his room again and getting a snack, he finally drifted off around 6:30. That's 3 hours of super fun awake baby time.
We ran a bit late this morning and after I let Drift outside, Boyd and I hopped in the car and pulled out of the garage. Then what do I see out of the corner of my eye? A yellow dog that looked exactly like Drift, just roaming around the front yard! The side gate was open and our poor blind dog just walked right through. So glad he picked that moment to do it, or else it would have been a frantic search after work.
At least it's Friday. If the roads aren't too slick, D and I will attend his company Christmas party on Saturday out in Wasilla. It's a 45-minute drive so I don't want to chance it if the weather is awful.
Happy weekend everybody!

No comments:
Post a Comment