Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday update

D's company Christmas party was actually pretty enjoyable. You never know with these events, right? I got all dolled up and realized that I still look pretty snazzy (when I have time to actually get ready, put makeup on and curl my hair!) The drive out wasn't too bad and we arrived in time for cocktail hour. Our table was pretty lively and I had some good conversations with the ladies once the guys wandered off. And we won 2 prizes! D came home with a fishing reel and I managed to snag a pair of camo gloves and hunting fanny pack. They're both currently in D's capable hands - I'm sure he can figure out something to do with them. :-)

A couple sleep blips with the baby this week. Getting a little harder to get him down, and last night I was up with him until 11 p.m. People with kids who love to sleep: you have no idea how lucky you are!

It started snowing yesterday and has continued all day today. Yay for the white stuff! We also have warmer temperatures which is a nice change from -10 degrees. 

Happy Thanksgiving, all! We're headed to my mom's to celebrate with her and Risha (Gabe is on the slope). We are responsible for the turkey and stuffing (which I'm making from scratch - first time!)

And here is how I found my son after pulling into the garage yesterday. Daddy parked him in the bed of the truck in order to get some work done and he was happy as a clam!



No comments: