Saturday, January 24, 2009

Isla Mujeres

D had been to this little island before and really enjoyed it, so we hopped on a big boat and spent half a day on Isla Mujeres (Woman Island).


The side of the island closest to Cancun is sheltered and away from the wind, so we were able to snorkel there and lay out on the beach with pina coladas and margaritas.
Walking around the north end of the island...lots of golf carts and scooter rentals.

The opposite side of Isla Mujeres is another story -- talk about windy! I could barely stand up.



D and I got to practice our bargaining skills while shopping in Mexico. I didn't want to bring back a ton of stuff because honestly we don't need extra clutter -- but I fell in love with the items from this little ceramic shop. I ended up buying an adorable cat figurine, but am kicking myself for not getting a painted platter too.


These little boys were cute -- they had just been released from school and walking in front of us. They kept kicking each other's butts and swinging backpacks around. I snapped the photo as the boy on the right heard us laughing.


On the ferry going back to Cancun from Isla Mujeres. We met a nice older couple from Minnesota and the lady took my photo on the back of the boat. The water was a bit choppy -- the boat was rocking back and forth.

No comments: