Friday, June 19, 2009

My civic duty

With the Dividend comes certain responsibilities and yesterday they caught up with me. The state says it's time to call me up for jury duty.

Confession time: I'm (almost) 32 and have never actually gone in for jury duty! I was excused once for attending college in another state. When I was called up after graduating and returning to Anchorage, they never got to my group number.

I'm counting my lucky stars that it's only petit jury duty, and not a grand jury session. One of my girlfriends was on call ALL SUMMER for grand jury duty. No vacations, no nothing.

If anything, it will be an interesting experience -- although my week to call in begins August 2nd and I'm considering a month postponement. If I get picked for a jury in August it'll really screw with my plans for a trip to see my family in Tennessee.

No comments: