As I hoped, D loved his birthday present -- a mission/craftsman-style recliner! Last month I blogged about my search for the elusive Craigslist recliner, but was sure that one would not pop up before D's birthday -- what are the odds, right? The universe must have thought I needed a dash of good luck, because the perfect product appeared on Friday via Craigslist. Even better, the price was WAY cheaper than I expected -- so affordable, in fact, that I thought it was a typo!
The woman who sold it is moving out of state very soon and surprisingly accepted my lowball offer. It may have helped that I complimented the photos of her grandkids shamelessly and bombarded her with my most charming self. Anywho, the two of us barely fit it in my car and I'm still sore from doing this half dragging/pushing maneuver in order to get it up the stairs from the garage at our house. Um, mission recliners? Totally heavier than they look.
Oh, and I had to remove the stair handrail to get it in the living room. And I think one of the cats may have been a tiny bit squished in the process. It probably would have been slightly easier to take it up the front porch steps, but then our neighbors would have witnessed me grunting and cursing. Not the kind of impression I want to make.
1 comment:
You are such a good girlfriend. I hope D knows how lucky he is to have you as his girlfriend.
Post a Comment