It's hot here, peoples! The outdoor thermostat at our house read 80 degrees yesterday at around 6 p.m. One of the local weathercasters says it could be even hotter if the haze (from a wildfire near Denali) wasn't present. I would estimate that 99.9% of Alaskans do not own in-home air conditioning, so the heat is sort of an uncomfortable situation for us -- but I'm not complaining. This summer has been amazing!
Last night all of the doors and windows were open, and I had the ceiling fan running to move some of the hot air around. The reds we caught this weekend had to be pressure canned -- and having the cooktop running for 3 hours straight added to the indoor heat. Everything turned out great though.
My new favorite recipe: slices of onion, basil and canning salt.
Preparing to heat!
Finished product.
No comments:
Post a Comment