Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Holiday weekend 2

Although the fishing was slow on Saturday, we moved to another spot on Sunday and our luck improved a bit. Many times we could see the fish fighting their way upriver -- it's just a matter of getting your fly to the right spot!


In addition to the three reds I landed, this guy ended up on my line -- he is ready to SPAWN! His head was pretty beat up and there was a wayward hook stuck in his skin. I thought for sure the fish was done for as I released him, but he appeared again near where I was standing in the river. These fish are crazy tough.


Combat fishing at the confluence.



Mim spotted this huge bull moose (complete with a still-growing fuzzy rack) walking down the road next to our campsite. We followed (somewhat) quietly and were rewarded with some neat photos.


D and his family are still down south fishing it up, so it's me and our animal menagerie holding down the fort.

No comments: