Friday, September 11, 2009

Thursday roundup

Have you gotten your flu shot yet? I popped downstairs for mine yesterday -- the employee health nurse poked me, band-aided my arm and sent me on my way. Doesn't get any easier than that. But holy cats, my arm is sore today.

Everybody has been asking about the engagement ring - sorry, no photos yet because we haven't had a chance to go ring shopping again! D is still trudging through rivers, muskeg and tundra on the search for moose and caribou. A friend of my mom owns a jewelry store here in town, so I'd like to talk with him and see if he can offer us a good deal. Most of the settings we've looked at have included a solitaire princess cut - I'm just really drawn to that style.

I'm considering going wedding dress shopping, but really have my heart set on altering the gown that my mom wore when she married my dad. It is gorgeous -- white lace overlay with a nice-sized train. It is also like a size 2 (my mom seriously could have been an Asian supermodel back in the day!) so I barely got the dress over my shoulders when I tried it on the other night. I guess it's just motiviation to lose those 5 pesky pounds. My mom is cool with me making some changes to the top of the dress (goodbye long sleeves and high neck) and nipping in a bit around the waist so I can show off my figure (va va voom!) We've been discussing possible alteration shops in town who can be trusted not to mess up this priceless family heirloom - you know, no pressure or anything.

No comments: