Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wedding location

I took advantage of some Labor Day weekend sales and picked up a few things for the wedding. It's mostly just table decor stuff, but most people know that I LOVE good deals and I managed to discover some amazing things for cheap, cheap, cheap. The local thrift stores all had 50% sales on Monday so off I went in search of large canning jars and cute modern glass vases. Found a few, but most people tend to hang onto canning jars in Alaska for obvious reasons. I'm not too worried since I have at least a year to gather all this stuff together. I'm really aiming for an outdoorsy, rustic vibe for the wedding. Think natural elements and hues, with an outdoor ceremony and bringing the outdoors in for the reception.

A friend of my parents' in Gatlinburg offered up his property as a ceremony site if we wanted to hold the festivities in Tennesse, which was so incredibly generous.

We're standing on the deck in these two photos, overlooking the Smoky Mountains.


The owner's home on the left, and little chapel/dressing room on the right.


We have almost too many options if we decide on an Alaska wedding. This is one of the places I'd like to check out when D returns from hunting. Not gonna tell you where it is though...don't want to give away too many details!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Alaska wedding would be beautiful, but my vote is for TENNESSEE!!!!!
Wait, what am I talking about. Your wedding would be beautiful in either places. Show us the ring already.

Stephanie said...

Yodry, your love of canning jars made me think of two great centerpiece/decoration ideas I've seen recently. My friend Pam used canning jars as centerpieces with huge, multicolored dahlias from the local farmers' market. To decorate the jars, she tied a piece of burlap to the mouth of each jar (hung down about halfway) with a piece of green ribbon--raffia would work great, too. My cousin Katie had canning jars with votive candles inside. Each jar had a strip of white tissue paper circling the outside, then a bunch of super-thin copper wire wound around the outside, in all kinds of crazy and different patterns. I think my aunt just went nuts with the wire in front of the t.v. every night. :) I'll try to get some photos for you.