Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Currently enamored with...

The "all things loved in September/October" list:

1. A wonderful fiancee': D works so very hard and is being a real trooper with all of this wedding craziness. I think he's learning that these events don't plan themselves...

2. Our new sleigh bed: a friend from work/book club is moving down to the Carolinas (boo!) but is selling most of her furniture, so I snatched up her dark wood queen sleigh bed (yay!). Since a small part of it was sanded down and still needs to be stained, we got the whole shebang (headboard, footboard, rails, supports) for a steal - $125! I think D even likes it. It's nice to have an adult bed after living with such a plain setup for so long.

3. My CHI hair straightener: um, if your sister ended up with the beautiful straight Korean hair and you got the weird half straight/half wavy mop, then you need a CHI. They're a bit more expensive than ones from the the drugstore, but totally worth it. I got mine on supersale from a salon and it seriously takes me only 10 minutes to flat iron my hair stick-straight. With a $30 iron it would be at least 20-30 minutes and my hair still wouldn't look right.

No comments: