I'm slightly overwhelmed by life right now. Spring is a very busy time at work and I have some anxiety about getting things done.
But overall this past weekend raised my spirits quite a bit. On Friday I met up with a couple of my girlfriends at McGinley's downtown and had a chance to reminisce about old times. We talked and talked -- it's interesting to note what different people remember about the same event! At some point during the night, we noticed a big group of Alaska hippies riding down the middle of the street (and past the bar) on bikes.
Saturday was movie night with some other friends, and since the film we wanted to see ("Alice in Wonderland" in 3D) was sold out, we scooted over to "The Book of Eli" at the $3 theater. Movie was so-so. And on Monday evening I visited Blues Central to support my friend who was trying speed dating for the first time! I only stuck around for the first 10 minutes or so, but she called me afterwards to dish about the experience.
The last two weekends have been devoted to spring cleaning. My car has 4 bags of clothes and household items ready for the Salvation Army, and I spent DAYS washing our numerous comforters, sheets and pillows (all 10 - how can two people have 10 pillows?). Thank goodness for our front-loading washer -- it can handle our queen-size fluffy down comforter. And I managed to get 2-3 pillows in each load which isn't too bad.
I snapped this photo on Friday around 4:30 p.m. after my conference had concluded. It was a beautiful day and Sleeping Lady (Mt. Susitna) was clearly visible across the inlet.
It's hard to tell, but that wide expanse of snow is actually covering a lake. Lake Hood is located near the airport and is the busiest floatplane base in the world. I've never been in a floatplane (see the floats instead of wheels?), but have been on small plane flights before. A friend of mine is a pilot and took me up for my birthday years ago...it was amazing! Well, except for when he pulled the "vomit comet" maneuver.


No comments:
Post a Comment