Thursday, March 21, 2013

Winter gear

Craigslist is perfect for kid outdoor gear - I have found some awesome deals over the last year, including lots of clothing and K'Boom skis for Boyd. This pair was barely used and I snagged them for $20! They retail around $60 and are a good starter pair of skis for very little kiddos. We'll save them for next winter when he's old enough to stomp around with them.


So until he can ski or snowshoe on his own, we'll be pulling him around in the chariot or one of his sleds. I purchased a little blue plastic toddler sled at a garage sale for $3 (yeah, love garage sales!) which you've seen in previous photos. And my mom has this L.L. Bean sled at her house, which was generously gifted to Boyd by my boss and her daughter. It works out perfectly to have a sled in both locations. 


For some reason he doesn't mind wearing sunglasses outside. Once we're inside he'll pull them off lickety split! The retro pair (above) was a garage sale find by Uncle Gabe. The pair below (BabyBanz) were a baby shower gift from my friend Susie.


A few weeks ago I bought a Skhoop for myself. They were all 50% off at REI, although most were sold out by them time I got on the site. Mine is a mid-length down skirt in grey. It keeps me so warm - I usually wear it to and from work on blustery days - and I throw it on whether I'm wearing a skirt or pants. There are zips on each side to allow for increased movement, e.g. using the Skhoop while skiing.


 Have any great gear recommendations?

No comments: