That being said, my friend Cindy and I hit up a BIG show at the new convention center downtown, the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center (D worked construction on this building -- I used to watch him on the web cam). This place is quite large, smack in the middle of downtown -- me and pretty much all of Anchorage are relieved that it's finished since traffic was a nightmare for over a year during construction.
Back to the craft show, vendors were everywhere in the Dena'ina Center and I finally broke down and purchased an "ak starfish" hoodie in brown:

I LOVE it -- it's soft, but not bulky like regular hoodies at all. The owner of the company imprints her designs on American Apparel clothing, so they're made in the U.S. -- yay! I've been eyeing the merchandise for a couple years now and am happy to have finally made a purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment