Monday, November 24, 2008

An evening out

D and I hit Far North Bicentennial Park yesterday for some cross-country skiing. The weather was perfect -- it wasn't snowing, and the temperature hovered in the high teens. For the most part the trails were nicely groomed. Drift was so so excited to be out and about off-leash! He'd take off running down the trail in front of us, then race back to check in. We saw a couple other people and dogs out there, but for the most part we had the area to ourselves.

You can see my bulging pockets -- I need to get a flatter water bottle! D took this photo of me with the flash...


And the one below with the nighttime setting on my camera...this photo is more indicative of how dark (or light) it was outside at 4:45 pm. I didn't have to turn on my headlamp until after about 6 pm. The area behind me is called Powerline Pass - popular with skiiers, snowmachiners and snowshoers.

A really blurry photo of part of the Anchorage skyline at nightfall:

No comments: