Hardhats and chow
Drift will eat and eat if we let him. He's always hungry. I've heard that about the lab breed, but I imagine that most dogs are like that too? D told me that one time he came home and discovered that Drift had somehow gotten into the dog food bag and pretty much eaten himself silly. The dog's belly was so distended it looked like he was pregnant! Drift didn't eat for at least a day I think. Sooooo needless to say, Drift is not trusted to self feed. At about 6 am and 5 pm he gets a little antsy and carries around a hard hat to let us know that HELLO HE IS HUNGRIES! One of these days I'll get around to posting a video of the whole pre-feeding event. It's pretty entertaining. Pepper likes his food too - the only one of my cats that will eat dog chow. It's probably not great for her so she only gets a few pieces here and there. Here is her little portion and Drift's dog-sized amount. Not pictured: Drift drooling and almost trembling as he waits for the signal to eat.
NOM NOM NOM, yum yum yum.
Also not pictured: Drift finishing his meal in under 35 seconds (possibly a new record) and eyeing Pepper's hardhat. Generally he is wary of the cats, but in this case I think the pull of extra food trumped his fear of cat hissing/claws and he went for the white hardhat.
No comments:
Post a Comment