Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are you going to eat that?

I actually made dinner last night (yeah, D couldn't believe his luck either) and it turned out pretty good. King salmon fillets baked in the oven with steamed broccoli and potatoes. After the salmon came out of the oven I added cream cheese to the top -- it was pretty darn good peoples. And we had apples and strawberries for dessert because I'm not buying ice cream regularly anymore (diet and all that). Poor D.

We don't buy seafood anymore, or meat for that matter. Sometimes I'll pick up chicken from the grocery store, but it's nice to not worry about the additives and growth hormones in the meat and seafood we eat since we catch our own fish and D goes hunting for bear and caribou every year. Some people ask me if it's odd to eat that sort of meat and I say no, because when you grow up thinking squid and fish eyeballs are regular food, bear and caribou are not going to freak you out.

No comments: