Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Calgon take me away

I have vacation on the brain -- I cannot stop thinking about the beach! It's probably because two coworkers just came back from Hawaii and two of our friends are departing for Hawaii this week. D has never been to the islands before and we've discussed going there but it's just more expensive than Mexico. On Maui you cannot find a 6.5 peso bus that runs everywhere you need to go! I do love Hawaii though -- I've been lucky to be able to visit all the major islands.

In weather news, we have hit another cold snap -- it was something like -10 degrees at the house this morning. And no volcano eruption yet, although it's likely to happen any day. In the ADN story I linked to there is a quote from one of the volcanologists at Alaska Volcano Observatory. I'm so embarrassed for these people that have no common sense and call the AVO with stupid questions -- what a waste of time for the staffers!:

' "It comes in all flavors," McNutt said. "When something like this happens, you get this wide variety of stuff. You get a real clear sense of the incredible variety of views and educational backgrounds in the public."

One recent caller had a ticket to Hawaii and wanted to ensure the volcano wouldn't disrupt the flight, he said.

"They said please do everything I can to make sure the volcano doesn't erupt until after 8 o'clock," said McNutt, adding that the observatory tries to respond to all inquiries. "I gave it the attention it deserved." '


D'oh!

My ribs are feeling better and sometimes I even forget about the soreness, so that makes me mucho happy. I hope to be fully healed by next week!

No comments: