Monday, March 23, 2009

Shower makeover

Master bathroom renovations continue. D is working very hard while I get some cleanup duty and generally stay out of his way. We have lived with this cramped little depressing bathroom for almost exactly 2 years so I'm ecstatic to see the finished product!

The bathroom before -- don't get me started on the condition of things in this space. The tile was pretty awful and there was CARPET on the floor. Happily D will also be installing beautiful large tiles on the floor along with a heated mat to warm our frigid toes in winter.


Here's a sneak peek at the new shower tile:



My request for a bench seat in the shower was approved! Seriously, it is almost impossible to shave my legs in a regular shower stall. I need that bench big time. Fancy schmancy pull-out shower head to be installed soon.


The wall behind the old stall and next to the toilet was hiding dead space, so D tore out the drywall and expanded the new shower. It'll be such a luxury to have all that extra space:


More photos to follow!

No comments: