Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tales from Tennessee

My parents called yesterday and in the background I could hear the buzzing of a chainsaw. Apparently the epic battle between my mom and the evil pinecones has finally come to an end. Winner? MY MOM OF COURSE! Mom: 1 / Pinecones: 0

I've been hearing about these pinecones for years now -- they drop from the trees towering over my parents' lovely log home. Wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that the roof is metal and every pinecone hit is reminiscent of a bomb drop. So some of the trees had to go.

Then they tell me that one of the trees is not being cut all the way because my dad is building my mom a TREE HOUSE! How awesome is that?

I LOVE being regaled with my parents' stories about living next to the Smoky Mountains. It is pure entertainment, peoples. Like the time my dad tried to take out the groundhog that took up residence in the yard and his arrow just thunked off the little bugger's head. And the time my mom saw a huge kitty that ended up being a coyote. AND the time a black bear crawled up on the front porch and hung out for a while. Actually, I should have them guest-post some articles here on this blog so the stories can come out in their own words.

What do you think, parents?

No comments: