Has anyone seen the movie "Marley & Me" -- starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston? I have not and probably will not, because as my family and close friends know, I cannot watch things that feature sad things happening to animals. Like those "Homeward Bound" movies or god forbid, "Benji." My parents told me that one time they walked in on me watching "Benji" and tears were just streaming down my little kid cheeks. Oh, just thinking about poor sad and lost Benji makes me feel a little blue.
So back to Marley, I've heard it's a really great book so maybe I'll try that route, but they're really pushing the dvd release with a multitude of commercials on tv. I saw one this morning that had Owen and Jen househunting. As they get out of the car, Marley sneaks out and hauls a** throught the house to jump straight into the pool. He's just a-swimming happily as the realtor asks if that's a dog in the pool? Owen is all like, "Uh, whose dog is that?" while looking embarrassed.
It really made me laugh because that is totally Drift -- he's a true water dog, like all yellow labs. When we're at the Kenai River he will jump into other people's boats, ready to fish! And last summer he managed to freak us out by escaping his leash sometime during the night. We had to meet some people to fish early that morning and couldn't delay launching the boat, so D drove down to the parking lot and who does he see splashing around on the bank? Yes, the damn dog. Drift could have ran off into the woods or back into Soldotna, but he chose to stay close to the water. Thank goodness he's predictable.
No comments:
Post a Comment