Thursday, April 2, 2009

Driftwood

Sorry to disappoint, but this post is not on Driftwood the dog, but driftwood the natural material found on Alaska's coastlines.

After posting this photo on my blog recently:

...I got to thinking about what crafts could be done with driftwood. Unlimited crafting potential, all mine for the picking!

This mirror is a neat idea -- I thought maybe a driftwood wreath of some kind would be a neat addition to our front door or entry way (puny that it is).


A sculpture/decorative wood accent next to the fireplace would be interesting...

I do love this driftwood tree idea for Christmas, since we haven't had a real tree for a long time. Or maybe this would be nice to hang out on the back deck.


These ideas are my top choices because they're easy enough to do at home with some heavy duty glue or power tools!

No comments: