April 1st means house anniversary time for me and D! We moved into our little fixer-upper two whole years ago. Wow, how time flies. On the news last week we heard that turn-key homes in our price range are the most sought-after properties in Anchorage. Woot! This is not our dream house by any means, but after seeing this property initially I just knew it would be a great investment. I have lots of ideas for our future "forever" house, wherever that may be -- poor D doesn't know what he's in for!
Bathroom reno is nearing completion, or that's what I like to think -- gotta stay positive, the finish line is almost in sight. D has been working so incredibly hard on ALL of these home projects without a word of complaint. It can't be easy to work construction all day and then come home to work on MORE projects. He's a trooper and I know that I'm lucky to have the best contractor ever. And he's pretty darn cute too. Bonus.
I forgot to mention yesterday that we went to Lowes on Monday night to buy a new master bathroom toilet (since I chipped the old one) and interior doors (they're all on sale!) for the house. Did you know that Lowes has $1600 toilets for sale? D and I just looked at each other, like WTF? If I buy a $1600 commode it had better do lots of cool stuff besides flushing -- like shovel the driveway, vaccum the floors and make us breakfast every morning. There can't be a big market for those in Alaska, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment