D is continuing to basically work two jobs -- his regular one during the day and then the one at home. Here is all the (free!) insulation that went into the crawl space -- the boat is rendered invisible by the sheer amount of the stuff:

D is still discovering random and weird things as his work in the crawlspace progresses. Most of it isn't worth much and goes in the garbage, although I've managed to sell a few things on Craigslist (farming plows, futon). I wonder if this pamphlet is worth anything -- it's from 1976. I flipped through it and read some passages, especially the section on a woman's role in Islam. Of course, this is just one group's interpretation of the Qur'an, but interesting stuff nonetheless!

And I arrived home from work one day last week to this lovely sight - a big humongo hole in the dining room. No biggie - the weather was warm and we somehow managed to keep the cats from running to freedom. Have you ever tried herding cats? It's damn near impossible, but Drift is getting pretty skilled at it. The new sliding patio doors went in and are a thousand times better than the old set in every way.


No comments:
Post a Comment