Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On the lookout

Over the last year or so, we've hit up a few furniture stores in the hopes that they stock the mission-style recliner:


It's for D -- although I did sit in the one at his parents' house in MN and it was sooo comfies. The ones here in town are all leather, which is not what we want. Fabric all the way! And of course they're expensive -- big surprise, right? Such a shock that Anchorage has high prices in relation to the rest of the U.S. I adore living in this state, but certainly the tradeoffs include high prices and a piss-poor selection of goods.

I keep checking Craigslist too but the offerings are few and far between -- and those crazy Craigslisters with too much time on their hands always get the good stuff before I can. Gonna keep checking the stores too and maybe I'll get lucky before D's birthday.

No comments: