Friday, May 15, 2009

Lovely and amazing

I wonder if other people talk about the weather as much as Alaska bloggers do. We must sound obsessed -- but in our defense, good weather days are few and far between, and are an occassion for jubilation. The last week or so has been warm and comfortable - high 60's by the time I get home from work. And that is not normal for this time of year. I remember wearing gloves and a hat to work last May! The trees are hard-core blooming now and green grass is visible in every yard. I keep thinking it must be June because of the amount of snow that has melted off the mountains. I hope the weather continues for our summer visitors!

In other news, I changed out my blog masthead photo -- the giant poppies are from last year's 4th of July trip to Kachemak Bay. My sister came up for a visit and camped/fished with us over the extended weekend. D dropped us both off to visit the tiny town of Seldovia for the Independence Day celebration while he fished in peace!



Risha's first bass.

Greased pole climbing in Seldovia - this guy climbed the highest and won $100.

My favorite part of Seldovia's 4th of July festivities: canoe jousting! The water was 46 degrees.

No comments: