So much excitement during the day though! A black bear and two cubs were nosing around the bank area looking for some easy meals. D took charge and scared the bears off (everyone else pretty much freaked out and jumped in their boats or stayed in the river.) He really is pretty handy to have around in the outdoors...I think I'll keep him.
D's mom Mim was able to snap this photo of one of the bears walking back in the woods after snatching a salmon carcass.
We had a discussion on whether this is a red squirrel or something else. This little guy and a friend kept nosing around the bank area on a mission for food.

I know this moose is difficult to see, but he is swimming in the river (directly between the guy in gray and the man in orange on the opposite bank). Hard to believe that such an awkward-looking creature could be a great swimmer.

Our fishing spot is a popular area for driftboats to end up in. Some were locals and others were guides with newbies or tourists. Flipping for reds is not rocket science, so everyone I saw was able to get the hang of it pretty early on.

You know, the family that fishes together, stays together...

I brought Drift down with me and he was excited to see D, Don and Mim!

Tackle! (or crafts for boys, as I call it)
The sweet campsite that D's parents were able to score. We stayed in this one last year with some friends. Love the beautiful view.

Tackle! (or crafts for boys, as I call it)
About ten minutes into the drive home on Sunday, I avoided disaster BIG TIME. D had spent the week with his parents so he had the truck and boat, while I drove down separately on Friday. When we left the campground on Sunday I followed behind his car -- and early on he passed a big motorhome while I was stuck behind it.
All of a sudden a big black cargo box flew off the top of the motorhome and crashed into the road. I managed to swerve around the mass of items that tumbled from the box (cooler, lawn chairs, children's toys...that's about all I saw in the confusion) and thanked my lucky stars that I was back far enough to avoid a really, really bad situation. About halfway home it registered that I could have had a cargo box in my windshield. Moral of the story? SECURE ALL CRAP to your vehicle -- and don't tailgate.


No comments:
Post a Comment