Monday, October 19, 2009

Triple the fun

No health fairs this weekend, but it was busy nonetheless. A going-away party for a coworker on Friday night, then a birthday party for another friend on Saturday night. But for about 5 hours on Saturday afternoon, I had the opportunity to help babysit TRIPLETS! A friend of a friend gave birth to triplets (2 girls, 1 boy) about 5 months ago and three of us went over to give the harried parents a baby-free afternoon off. My friend's 2-year old son also came over to play with the triplets' 2-year old -- so we had five kids total to watch.

It was crazy busy all afternoon. The babies were in good moods for about 30 minutes after the parents left, then they got fussy. Usually two would cry and one would be fine -- then they'd trade off. The baby boy is the smallest of the bunch, but man can he spit up! He's a champion, that one -- I was sporting spit-up all over my shirt. I now recognize the importance of a rag on your person at all times.

After a big meltdown before feeding time we let the babies nap for a bit and then took them for a short walk outside since the day was gorgeous. Oh they looked SO adorable bundled up in the fleece jumpers! I got my girl in a sling contraption and she fell right asleep. We got the 2-year old boys dressed and situated in the double stroller and took a nice 30 minute jaunt around the neighborhood. Another friend who had a baby boy about 2 months ago stopped by and also walked with us. Such a lovely day.

Oh and we found out later that we had been calling the girls by the incorrect names all afternoon! They totally look alike but the parents are not sure if the three are truly identical. I guess there is some test the babies can take but they haven't gotten around to it yet. I definitely came home with a touch of baby fever!

No comments: