Friday, January 30, 2009

Blowing your top

Mt. Redoubt has been all over the news lately -- the volcano has been rumbling and threatens to blow any day now. Apparently the story has made national news and Alaskans are having a hard time accessing the Alaska Volcano Observatory site because so many Outsiders are checking it out!

The last time Anchorage was covered in ash was '92 with Mt. Spurr. I remember shoveling ash almost an inch thick from the driveway and porch with a mask on. Auto parts stores had empty shelves where air filters used to be (ash is horrible for your car).

So, we're all getting ready for another volcano eruption -- if the wind blows ash towards Anchorage I'm prepared to pull everything from the yard into the garage along with the cars. I'm not sure what to do about Drift and his potty breaks. With our luck, I predict Mt. Redboubt will blow this weekend while D is out snowmaching up north!



No comments: