After daily phone calls to Target, I finally received word yesterday that my dining set was available and ready for pickup. However I did go in somewhat pessimistically this time because I already dragged D there once (after calling to check on stock) and there was NOTHING! I even tried to get the salesguy to sell me the display set and he said nope.
D met me at the store (all the way on east side of town, very near my old high school as it turns out). After having the manager check on the status he tells me that they're not getting anymore in and that the only set left is the display. Geez -- so I say I'll take the whole display: table, 4 chairs and bench. The whole set was already 30% off -- good, but not enough. I pointed out a few scratches on the pieces and negotiated another 10% off the discount price. Woot! Overall I saved about $350.
D does not seem to be as in love with the swoon-worthy set, but he did admit that it was better than our old set and he likes that it is made of heavy, real wood. Peoples, that is high praise coming from my man.
No comments:
Post a Comment