
Did you know that Alaska is the flying-est state in the nation? We have more small-planes per capita than any other state.
I have lived in Anchorage my whole life and have never even heard of this small-plane landing strip between the train tracks and this neighborhood. All of the houses on this side are sporting a plane in their backyards. It would make me nervous to land here though -- no tower!
Sometimes I wonder if these interesting features along the route have sprung up within the last 10 years. In high school I trained to be a tour guide on the railroad (didn't make the final cut, unfortunately) and we learned TONS of random Alaska information. But the aforementioned plane landing strip and this mountain of cars aren't ringing any bells. Overall a great trip! I'm glad I tore myself away from work and enjoyed the experience.



No comments:
Post a Comment