I'll be taking a little train trip today -- and if you can believe it, the weather will be cooperating! The skies have been blue and sunny, no clouds in sight. And the temperatures are finally hitting 50 degrees so more and more snow is melting every day.
Back to the train - my workplace hosts an annual luncheon to honor our committed band of volunteers and for the 9 years I've been with the company, the event is held at a hotel. It's always nice, but a tad bit predictable. However, this year we'll be cruising along Turnagain Arm in a swanky dining car on the Alaska Railroad -- all the way to Indian, Alaska! Indian is only about 30 minutes from Anchorage by car, but the railroad goes WAY slow, so the trip will take twice as long. Like if you take the train to Seward (a 2.5 hour trip by car) it's a mind-numbing all day trip. Which is great for tourists but most Alaskans like to get around fast!
Hopefully I'll have time to take some photos because that stretch of highway is GORGEOUS! It runs right next to the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment